Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Surveyor Corporation Surveyor SRV-1
Home Help Search Login

Surveyor Robotics Forum

Welcome to the user support forum for Surveyor SRV-1 robots, SRV-1 robot controllers and SVS stereo vision systems. To register for this forum, please send an email to support@surveyor.com which includes your desired forum user name, your registration email address, and a brief explanation of why you wish to join, and we will create a forum account for you.

Please note that there is a Search button in the forum toolbar for forum topics. Another effective search method for the entire surveyor.com site is to use Google, e.g. "xyz site://www.surveyor.com" where "xyz" is the search topic.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Windows C++ Starter Code (Read 4669 times)
shunt2000
YaBB Newbies

Windows C++ Starter Code
07/28/07 at 1:22pm

Hi,

As my feeble attempt at giving something back to the open source community, here is some extremely crude and simple code to illustrate how to talk with the SRV-1 using Windows and C++.  This is a really early version.  The next version runs on Windows and Linux using FLTK for the display.

This version prompts for the commands to send to the ZigBee SRV-1.  If an "I" is sent, the image file will be saved to C:\.  If "quit" is received, the serial port is closed and the program terminates.  There is no code to check if the command entered is valid or not.

I posted this to my website at:

http://www.sthconsulting.com/files/test.zip

I hope someone finds it useful.

Shawn

IP Logged
admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Windows C++ Starter Code
Reply #1 - 07/29/07 at 10:52am

That's a really good starting point.  The next big step is to add a library to decode and display the JPEG's.  This might be worth checking -  

http://www.gomorgan89.com/win/jpegdisp2.html

SRV-1 Development Team
Surveyor Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
shunt2000
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - 08/08/07 at 5:11pm

I have completed version 1.1, if anyone is interested in it.  I am using OpenCV to display the current frame from the SRV-1.  It still isn't very eloquent or efficient but a start for anyone that wants to use C++.  I had trouble uploading the zip folder, so here is the updated .CPP file (the only thing that changed from version 1.0).

The IplImage data structure of OpenCV is fairly robust and you can get to the pixel values of the image, which makes image processing feasible.

http://www.sthconsulting.com/files/Test.cpp

Shawn

IP Logged
KDB9000
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - 09/03/07 at 8:10pm

Can you include the header files you use? We can't compile without them. Also the zip file is corrupted, tried downloading it a couple of times and it wouldn't open.

« Last Edit: 09/03/07 at 8:17pm by KDB9000 »  
  IP Logged
wheagy

Reply #4 - 08/07/09 at 7:39am

Does anyone have a copy of the Windows C++ code and headers mentioned in this thread?  The links don't connect to zip files anymore.  Thanks -- Win

WWW wheagy wheagy   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print