Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Surveyor Corporation Surveyor SRV-1
Home Help Search Login

Surveyor Robotics Forum

Welcome to the user support forum for Surveyor SRV-1 robots, SRV-1 robot controllers and SVS stereo vision systems. To register for this forum, please send an email to support@surveyor.com which includes your desired forum user name, your registration email address, and a brief explanation of why you wish to join, and we will create a forum account for you.

Please note that there is a Search button in the forum toolbar for forum topics. Another effective search method for the entire surveyor.com site is to use Google, e.g. "xyz site://www.surveyor.com" where "xyz" is the search topic.

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
driving other motor controllers from the Blackfin (Read 34362 times)
wmcnab
YaBB Newbies

Re: driving other motor controllers from the Black
Reply #30 - 03/04/08 at 8:25am

Do you recommend current limiting resistors between the Blackfin and motor controllers such as the Sabertooth?  How about between the Blackfin timer channels and servos?

IP Logged
admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #31 - 03/04/08 at 8:33am

My guess is that the Blackfin already has current limiting resistors on its i/o pins, but I don't know this for a fact.  So it is probably not a bad idea, though honestly, I have never done it and have yet to fry a Blackfin board.  

Playing it safe, I would say that you might as well add resistors.  2.7k is probably a good size.

« Last Edit: 03/04/08 at 8:34am by admin »  

SRV-1 Development Team
Surveyor Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lefteris

Reply #32 - 03/20/08 at 12:53am

Hello all, I will post this question here as prompted by admin.

I want to combine the blackfin board with the lynxmotion tri-track which will also have a gripper attached.  
   Thing is in this robot journal page with photos I have seen that someone did exactly that but without a gripper. I had chosen the lynxmotion chassis since it is known to support grippers. My problem is that in that journal I linked above the blackfin was placed exactly where the rotating board of the gripper would be as can be seen in thispicture.
   So ... since I am not an expert about the hardware side of things, I was wondering if anyone could give me a tip or and advice. Is such a thing possible. Could I do it? If so where should I try to put the blackfin.

Again I insist that I am not very comfortable with hardware yet, and I want it to mess a lot with the programming side of it, hence the barrage of questions about the placing of the blackfin. Thanks in  
advance for any answers.
So my problem is if I was to get the tritrack chassis with the arm and the rotating thing. where could I put the blackfin board? Do you think there could be space in the back?

WWW   IP Logged
osmogr

Reply #33 - 03/30/08 at 10:37pm

I replied via PM but heres some other ideas..  

Right now I current have all my batteries and RC guys inside the tritrack, plenty of room for 2x 2100 lipo and spectrum rx. Originally before I got the blackfin I had a servo in the hole with a small turret.. My current project is to relocate the blackfin board to the inside and run a tether cable between board and camera, and have camera on ptz..

osmogr   IP Logged
roberto
YaBB Newbies

Reply #34 - 07/17/08 at 3:28pm

I know how I can connect to sabertooth Blackfin thanks roberto

IP Logged
Mallster
YaBB Newbies

Reply #35 - 03/05/09 at 11:03pm

Can anybody help me on this one?

Tried to hook my 2x5 sabertooth as osmogr suggested-
"I took a standard servo wire, and removed the black wire from the plug side, and plugged the red/white into the pins 7-8 of the blackfin 32pin bus. Black pin went to pin2 GND. These were connected to drive S1 (white, pin7 of bf, left side motor), S2 (red, pin8, right side motor). Black wire went to GND of sabertooth.  

Blackfin____________________Saber Tooth 2x10  
Pin2   <--------Black-------------> GND  
Pin7   <--------White-------------> S1  
Pin8   <--------Red---------------> S2  

I also confirmed that switch 4 of the Sabertooth needs to be in OFF position to support differential (non mixed drive). I configured a "elevon" mix on my RC radio side, and things are happy."

But had a major board fry somewhere on the matchport or svs green board.  Both camera boards work seperately in the right side but both do not work on the left side. Below are some pictures of how i has them set-up. Black-> 0V, Red ->S1, Yellow ->S2.
Any ideas?

« Last Edit: 03/06/09 at 6:53am by admin »  
Email   IP Logged
admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #36 - 03/06/09 at 7:25am

The document I have for Sabertooth 2x10 has different connections, so I can't tell for certain.

Does the left Blackfin start working again if you remove the connections to the Sabertooth ?

SRV-1 Development Team
Surveyor Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
Mallster
YaBB Newbies

Reply #37 - 03/06/09 at 3:55pm

The left blackfin was only showing a dimly lit led with connections removed. However, now it seems to have lossed all power to everything...

Is it possible to order the svs board only (minus matchport and camera boards)?

Email   IP Logged
admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #38 - 03/06/09 at 4:07pm

Yes - send an email to support@surveyor.com to work out the details.

SRV-1 Development Team
Surveyor Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print