Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Surveyor Corporation Surveyor SRV-1
Home Help Search Login

Surveyor Robotics Forum

Welcome to the user support forum for Surveyor SRV-1 robots, SRV-1 robot controllers and SVS stereo vision systems. To register for this forum, please send an email to support@surveyor.com which includes your desired forum user name, your registration email address, and a brief explanation of why you wish to join, and we will create a forum account for you.

Please note that there is a Search button in the forum toolbar for forum topics. Another effective search method for the entire surveyor.com site is to use Google, e.g. "xyz site://www.surveyor.com" where "xyz" is the search topic.

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
modifying the java console (Read 18475 times)
admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: modifying the java console
Reply #15 - 04/25/08 at 12:03pm

Could you list the contents of your srv.config for the comm setup at the end of the file ?  They should look something like this -  

comport=COM4
button.columns=6
wcs.server=localhost
wcs.port=8888
wcs.pass=srv
wcs.camID=1.jpeg

SRV-1 Development Team
Surveyor Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
atl03001
YaBB Newbies

Reply #16 - 04/25/08 at 1:02pm

When I don't include the srv.config file in my directory I get the console to show up without the buttons on the console.  

But, when I add the srv.config file to the workspace I get the following errors:  

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ImageButton$ImageButtonMouseListener
     at ImageButton.<init>(ImageButton.java:26)
     at SRV1Console.getButtonPanel(SRV1Console.java:522)
     at SRV1Console.init(SRV1Console.java:298)
     at SRV1Console.main(SRV1Console.java:143)

So I guess that when it tries to read the srv.config file it tries to create the buttons but since from the start, I've been having issues with the ImageButton class files.  

If I can get those files in a text format so that I can add them myself I think that might fix my problem.

IP Logged
atl03001
YaBB Newbies

Reply #17 - 04/25/08 at 1:05pm

comport=COM1
button.columns=6
wcs.server=localhost
wcs.port=8888
wcs.pass=srv
wcs.camID=1.jpeg
network.srv.host=192.168.0.15
network.srv.port=10001

So it's  pretty similar.  

I just can't get the buttons to load. And I haven't included my config file yet. I'm still just trying all the packaged files first just to see if I can get it to run, but no luck.

IP Logged
admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #18 - 04/25/08 at 1:15pm

COM1 is probably the wrong port.  I'm not near a Windows system at the moment, but you should be able to use the control panel to find out which comm port is the right one - if you can view the system setup and look at the hardware manager for USB devices.  That could be causing the problem you describe.

Also, make certain when you unzipped SRV1Console.zip that all of the subdirectories were created (applet, buttons, archives and htdocs)

SRV-1 Development Team
Surveyor Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
atl03001
YaBB Newbies

Reply #19 - 04/25/08 at 2:10pm

No the port is right, I just checked. I really do  not think it is that.  

From the errors I get, and the way I get the errors, I am pretty sure it is coming from those ImageClass files. I have all the files in my workspace, all the folders, etc.  

I honestly think that if I can get the imageclass files  

e.g:
ImageButton.class
ImageButton$ImageButtonDisableFilter.class
ImageButton$ImageButtonMouseListener.class
ImageButton$ImageButtonMouseMotionListener.class

if I can get them in a text format so that I can create them and include them in my workspace myself, that it might work.  

Because, again, if you look at the errors that I got before, they all stem from the imagebutton classes.  

Thanks

IP Logged
atl03001
YaBB Newbies

Reply #20 - 04/25/08 at 2:37pm

Okay,  

Guess what?  

I got the ImageButton.class file sent to me as a java file. I added it to my workspace.  

Added my own srv.config file to the workspace.  

Ran it.  

And I have no errors, and a running/working console with my own button configurations.  

Thanks!

IP Logged
admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #21 - 04/25/08 at 2:55pm

Glad to hear that solved the problem.  I just updated http://www.surveyor.com/blackfin/SRV1Console.zip to include the ImageButton.java source file, in case anyone else needs access to it.

SRV-1 Development Team
Surveyor Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
atl03001
YaBB Newbies

Reply #22 - 04/26/08 at 3:01pm

Well now that I have that working, I am now trying to make a few modifications to the console.  

I added a text field to the left of the camera display - where I will output temperature from a temp sensor mounted on the node. I might also display signal strength, etc. in the field as well.  

What would be the easiest way to do this?  

Thanks

IP Logged
admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #23 - 04/27/08 at 8:04am

Sorry - I'm not a Java programmer.  However, from a system perspective, since you're modifying the robot firmware to support this, maybe the easiest approach would be to add the RSSI and temp information to the JPEG header, and then extract it on the java console side as you're processing the incoming video frame.

SRV-1 Development Team
Surveyor Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
atl03001
YaBB Newbies

Reply #24 - 04/27/08 at 1:51pm

Where is the data coming in from in the java code?

IP Logged
admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #25 - 04/27/08 at 2:04pm

There's a timer that sends out the 'I' command periodically

SRV-1 Development Team
Surveyor Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
atl03001
YaBB Newbies

Reply #26 - 04/27/08 at 4:36pm

I'm looking for the array where all the data would be stored to. Do you have any idea what it's called?  

How about the methods that I should look for?  

Thanks

IP Logged
admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #27 - 04/27/08 at 4:48pm

Look for readLoop().  The contents of the incoming header are compared to frameHeader[]

SRV-1 Development Team
Surveyor Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print