Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Surveyor Corporation Surveyor SRV-1
Home Help Search Login

Surveyor Robotics Forum

Welcome to the user support forum for Surveyor SRV-1 robots, SRV-1 robot controllers and SVS stereo vision systems. To register for this forum, please send an email to support@surveyor.com which includes your desired forum user name, your registration email address, and a brief explanation of why you wish to join, and we will create a forum account for you.

Please note that there is a Search button in the forum toolbar for forum topics. Another effective search method for the entire surveyor.com site is to use Google, e.g. "xyz site://www.surveyor.com" where "xyz" is the search topic.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
re motor controller (Read 4006 times)
pacomms

re motor controller
09/01/08 at 1:27pm

i am developing a new robot platform which requires more power from the motor controller than the srv1 standard outputs. My question is i am using a devantech md23 motor controller, which pins on the arm7 puts out the control signal to the standard fan motor controller and what protocol does it put out , ie sending pin high on forward or low on backwards etc etc. Please help as its the only thing stopping me for now, ah i forgot alos can i run the srv board of a 12v battery and if so can it be left on for charging? i know i cant with the standard battery pack but the 12v battery doesnt have the protection circuit that the standard battery does. Thanxs alot

« Last Edit: 09/01/08 at 1:29pm by pacomms »  
Email   IP Logged
admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: re motor controller
Reply #1 - 09/01/08 at 2:04pm

You will have to modify source code to access this (053007 is the last release version), but the ARM7 firmware has initServos() and setServos() functions to use in place of the initPwm() and setPwmDuty Percent().  As I recall, the range is 0-100, with 50 as a midpoint, so power levels below 50 will cause the motors to go in reverse, and above 50 will cause the motors to go forward.

The voltage regulator on the controller should handle at least 15V.  Sorry, but I don't know whether you can leave the controller on while charging.

« Last Edit: 09/01/08 at 2:05pm by admin »  

SRV-1 Development Team
Surveyor Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
pacomms

Reply #2 - 09/01/08 at 2:19pm

ok i see, which pins on the arm produce the output to the motor controller?

Email   IP Logged
admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 09/01/08 at 2:54pm

SRV-1 Development Team
Surveyor Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
pacomms

Reply #4 - 02/05/09 at 6:01am

ok so back to this, been having other projects for a while so this got shelved but back to it nowSmiley

I read your last post about pins etc etc, so from what i read i presume the output comming from pins on the arm processor is in pwm ?? ie servo type output? can you confirm this plz , its not just a output voltage its a pwm like what you use to control a servo ????? thanxs

Email   IP Logged
admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - 02/05/09 at 7:25am

PWM can be used to generate the servo timing signals.  Instead of a 1000Hz signal which varies in width from 0 - 100% of the cycle, we use a 50Hz signal which varies from 50ms - 250ms, centered at 150ms.

SRV-1 Development Team
Surveyor Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print