Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Surveyor Corporation Surveyor SRV-1
Home Help Search Login

Surveyor Robotics Forum

Welcome to the user support forum for Surveyor SRV-1 robots, SRV-1 robot controllers and SVS stereo vision systems. To register for this forum, please send an email to support@surveyor.com which includes your desired forum user name, your registration email address, and a brief explanation of why you wish to join, and we will create a forum account for you.

Please note that there is a Search button in the forum toolbar for forum topics. Another effective search method for the entire surveyor.com site is to use Google, e.g. "xyz site://www.surveyor.com" where "xyz" is the search topic.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SRV-1 Arm ver on Lynxmotion Tri-Track Base (Read 2032 times)
Kerry
YaBB Newbies

SRV-1 Arm ver on Lynxmotion Tri-Track Base
01/03/10 at 4:18pm

So I have the board mounted onto the new chassis. It works, but the signals from the FAN8200 won't drive the 12V motors.
I put the FAN8200 into a socket so I can experiment with other methods.
I tried SS relays, etc, with no success.  Then I scoped out the signals and figured out it was PWM.
Going through the forum, I see that others are working on the same issues.
Before buying a Sabertooth H-bridge or something like it, I figured I'd ask here and not try to re-invent the wheel. (Tracks)

Also, gnuarm-install2.exe file seems to be currupt. It hangs during install at the same place, even on different computers.
Re-downloading didn't help.

Has anyone been able to adapt thier ARM SRV-1 to a base with larger motors?
Thanks,
Kerry

IP Logged
admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: SRV-1 Arm ver on Lynxmotion Tri-Track Base
Reply #1 - 01/03/10 at 4:37pm

You can change the PWM signals to run at 50Hz instead of 1000Hz, varying the pulse width from 1ms to 2ms.   I think there are already drivers for PPM in the SRV-1 ARM7 firmware, but don't recall the details.

For gnuarm update, you could try this site -  
   http://www.gnuarm.com/

This is a newer version that I haven't tried, but it looks interesting -  
   http://www.yagarto.de/

SRV-1 Development Team
Surveyor Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print