Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Surveyor Corporation Surveyor SRV-1
Home Help Search Login

Surveyor Robotics Forum

Welcome to the user support forum for Surveyor SRV-1 robots, SRV-1 robot controllers and SVS stereo vision systems. To register for this forum, please send an email to support@surveyor.com which includes your desired forum user name, your registration email address, and a brief explanation of why you wish to join, and we will create a forum account for you.

Please note that there is a Search button in the forum toolbar for forum topics. Another effective search method for the entire surveyor.com site is to use Google, e.g. "xyz site://www.surveyor.com" where "xyz" is the search topic.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
XBee setup on SRV-1 ARM7 (Read 3961 times)
treborz17
YaBB Newbies

XBee setup on SRV-1 ARM7
05/30/11 at 11:11am

My SRV-1 is one of the early 2006/2007 models.  I am trying to set it up and operate it before I either upgrade or purchase the newer blackfin robots.

My problem is that I accidently mixed up the xbee RF modules from my SRV-1 with others that I have on other projects.  I have all the necessary software, and hardware adpters to program the XBee's to the setup used on my SRV-1 -- I just need to know what the program specs are.  I tried putting in the standard XBee as they are factory shipped but that apparently are not how they are programed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Robert -- Formerly: "Robot" 70 Posts

Our doubts are traitors,
And make us lose the good we oft might win
By fearing to attempt.
--------- William Shakespeare ---------
  IP Logged
tjump
Global Moderator

Re: XBee setup on SRV-1 ARM7
Reply #1 - 05/30/11 at 1:40pm

Unless you can find what you need here on the forum I don't know there is any additional help that can be provided.

T. Jump

IP Logged
treborz17
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - 05/30/11 at 5:56pm

Thank you for your quick response T. Jump, I'll look some more.  However, when these units were assembled they had to be added as factory produced, which was apparently not the case, or they were programmed with a paticular address.  That programming would have to be done on any XBee replacements.

I haven't been active since 2007 in the forums or been able to use my SRV-1.  Is it possible that the operations of Surveyor Corp. have changed hands since 2007?

Our doubts are traitors,
By fearing to attempt.
  IP Logged
tjump
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - 05/30/11 at 9:03pm

Howard, who set up Surveyor and did the original XBee integration with the SRV, passed away in July 2010. So, other than the notes and downloads available here on the forum I would have no other sources immediately available to support the old platforms. If you cannot find what you need on the forum for the old platform we may need to get you upgraded to the Matchport platform.

T. Jump

IP Logged
treborz17
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - 06/01/11 at 1:08pm

T. Jump,

I'm sorry to hear that about Howard.  Was Howard one of the principals of Surveyor Corp.?

As far as the XBee settings go, the only thing that I can find is the availabilty of the Digi XBee Specs and software, of which I already have, and work with frequently on other projects.  If I remember right, if you purchased, what I believe was five units, you could get different codes in the XBee radios so that you could operate all five at once.

Would I be able to upgrade to the Matchport platform?  If so, what kind of costs would I encounter, and what parts would be replaced?  Or do you replace everything except the motors, body, and tracks?

I appreciate your assistance, because as you can see I havn't been in a position to follow the progression of the SRV-1.

Robert

Our doubts are traitors,
By fearing to attempt.
  IP Logged
tjump
Global Moderator

Reply #5 - 06/01/11 at 6:27pm

Try this thread to see if it get's you anywhere.

http://www.surveyor.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1164223181

T. Jump

IP Logged
treborz17
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - 06/03/11 at 5:47pm

Yes, thqt mqy very well work.  I'm not sure yet whether the models go back that far but I'll give it a try.  What would I need if I wanted to upgrade?

Thanks,

Our doubts are traitors,
By fearing to attempt.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print