Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Surveyor Corporation Surveyor SRV-1
Home Help Search Login

Surveyor Robotics Forum

Welcome to the user support forum for Surveyor SRV-1 robots, SRV-1 robot controllers and SVS stereo vision systems. To register for this forum, please send an email to support@surveyor.com which includes your desired forum user name, your registration email address, and a brief explanation of why you wish to join, and we will create a forum account for you.

Please note that there is a Search button in the forum toolbar for forum topics. Another effective search method for the entire surveyor.com site is to use Google, e.g. "xyz site://www.surveyor.com" where "xyz" is the search topic.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SVS UART Communication through SRV protocol (Read 1198 times)
Marco
YaBB Newbies

SVS UART Communication through SRV protocol
10/19/11 at 12:07pm

Hi,

I want to communicate with an Arduino board which handles my robot's movement(16 Servos) and reads a bunch of analog sensors.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to how I configure, send and receive data through the SRV protocol to the onboard UART port.

Pin, Port, Description  
31, GPIO-H14, optical encoder input (left) / soft UART TX  
32, GPIO-H15, optical encoder input (right) / soft UART RX

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Marco

Email   IP Logged
EmbeddedMan

Re: SVS UART Communication through SRV protocol
Reply #1 - 10/20/11 at 8:10am

There are functions in the firmware's source code, as well as commands within PicoC to do what you want, but there are no commands you can access over the radio (yet). Feel free to write some though!

*Brian

Email WWW   IP Logged
Marco
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - 10/20/11 at 8:57am

Hi Brian,  

Thanks for the response, can I ask you if there are any examples on how to configure the soft UART through the source code, as well as examples on how to add additional commands.

I'm willing to try to write this, just don't know where to start.

Thanks

Marco

Email   IP Logged
EmbeddedMan

Reply #3 - 10/20/11 at 2:49pm

At this point, these forums are the only place I know of (besides the source itself) to learn how to do what you want. Have you tried searching through the forums? Maybe somebody has already tried what you're looking to do.

You can look at the srv.c file for some examples. For example, the analog_4wd() function initializes and uses the second uart channel (uart1).  

*Brian

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print