Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Surveyor Corporation Surveyor SRV-1
Home Help Search Login

Surveyor Robotics Forum

Welcome to the user support forum for Surveyor SRV-1 robots, SRV-1 robot controllers and SVS stereo vision systems. To register for this forum, please send an email to support@surveyor.com which includes your desired forum user name, your registration email address, and a brief explanation of why you wish to join, and we will create a forum account for you.

Please note that there is a Search button in the forum toolbar for forum topics. Another effective search method for the entire surveyor.com site is to use Google, e.g. "xyz site://www.surveyor.com" where "xyz" is the search topic.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is this product dead ? (Read 2552 times)
pacomms

Is this product dead ?
10/21/11 at 4:49am

Hi i had a srv1 old style some years ago and was toying with the idea of upgrading to the new wifi version but looking at the blog pages there seems to not have been any updates for some time, so i was wondering is active development of this product now at an end ??

Regards

Email   IP Logged
tjump
Global Moderator

Re: Is this product dead ?
Reply #1 - 10/21/11 at 9:37am

I'm not sure what you mean by updates. The product page shows what is currently available for order.

T. Jump

IP Logged
pacomms

Reply #2 - 10/21/11 at 11:28am

i mean if you look in the robotics journal page its not been updated with any news or updates since 2010 ?? thats what i mean by dead, ie no updates or software updates or etc etc etc ?

Email   IP Logged
tjump
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - 10/21/11 at 1:33pm

Last firmware release was back in Feb. 2011. There have been no complaints with this release so no hurry to release a new one.

For the most part everything is operating status quo (although the web manager did leave and no one has bothered to update the web pages... this should be done).

T. Jump

IP Logged
pacomms

Reply #4 - 10/23/11 at 1:01am

ok ok so if i do order one then i guess ill be able to get support on here, i just wondered thats all when you look at a product and lets be honest its not exactly cheap for a small non auto docking and recharging bot  i just got a little iffy about the lack of updates and development.

Thanks ill order one today Wink))

Email   IP Logged
tjump
Global Moderator

Reply #5 - 10/23/11 at 9:40am

Hopefully you understand this is a research and development platform and not a pre-boxed household appliance. If you are looking for something with a pre-programmed alogorithm where you turn it on and let it do it's thing you are looking at this product all wrong. Overall the cost is low for what you get in my opinion.

T. Jump

IP Logged
pacomms

Reply #6 - 10/23/11 at 2:12pm

Yes i understand what this bot is for, i did have the old srv1 with arm processor that died on me some time ago, i have been thinking of getting the new blackfin version for some time. I do hope that surveyor start updating the website again seems strange to stop when it just gets interesting lol, so are these forums fairly active, what i mean to say is the new bot will be a learning curve and i just wondred if others are online from timne to time to help out a budding roboteer Wink

Email   IP Logged
tjump
Global Moderator

Reply #7 - 10/23/11 at 3:47pm

Feedback through the forum is not heavy. Depending on your posts you may not get significant hits in response.

T. Jump

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print